FEBRUARY HOT SHOE NEWS
We have a new addition to the dance studio-LOCKERS! Dancers have loved storing their items during the past week! Lockers are intended for day-use only. However, any dancer wishing to keep their frequently used items secured in a locker overnight and throughout the week may rent a unit for a small monthly fee. A limited number of lockers will be available to rent. If interested, please contact Mrs. Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Upcoming dates to remember:
Presidents’ Day-the studio is open for all classes
DANCE est Joie, Inc Competition Team dancers attend Dancemakers, Inc. in Branson, Missouri. This event will likely be live streamed. Support these dancers by following along with their weekend of dancing!
Recital ticket sales begin-official date and details TBA-watch for our March Hot Shoe Newsletter!
Spring Break-the studio is closed
Deadline for award recipients to turn in pictures for recital slideshow-please email to email@example.com
Five year award-1 picture
Ten year award-5 pictures
Fifteen year award + Senior-6 pictures
Recital photos with Virgila Dale’s Photography will take place 4:00-8:00. These are optional and by appointment only. More details to come! Virgilia’s incredible work can be viewed on our website and in our studio lobby.
October 5th-April 1st
Sign up for five, ten, fifteen or senior year awards https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeamjfsZAJLamky6nbvLUc2tDKuowNV6l3sqggsqkflkJ6lyA/viewform?usp=sf_link
As a friendly reminder for dancers and parents, I’ve included our studio COVID-19 Procedures and Protocols for the 2020-2021 dance school year below:
- GDDS lobby and common areas are closed. Preschool level dancers (weekly 1 hour ballet/tap combo class) are required to have one parent or guardian accompany them and remain in the studio’s lobby for the duration of the class. Dancers in junior, pre-teen, teen and senior level classes must be dropped off at the studio’s entrance.
- Dancers will be allowed into the studio no sooner than 15 minutes prior to their class. For example, a dancer starting class at 4:00 may be dropped off and allowed into the studio at 3:45. Dancers must be picked up promptly when their class is complete.
- Only dance belongings are allowed into the studio. Please do not bring school bags into GDDS. Dancers are encouraged to bring a water bottle as our water fountains will be turned off. Water will be available for purchase from the front desk for $1.00 each.
- Masks are required for entry into GDDS by:
- ALL GDDS STAFF
- ALL DANCERS IN A JUNIOR, PRE-TEEN, TEEN, OR SENIOR LEVEL CLASS. DANCERS IN PRESCHOOL LEVEL CLASSES MAY WEAR A MASK IF DESIRED
- ANY PARENT/GUARDIAN ACCOMPANYING THEIR PRESCHOOL DANCER
- Masks must be worn in all common areas (lobby, restrooms, offices)
- Everyone who enters the studio will have their temperature checked and recorded. Anyone with a temperate of 100 degrees or higher will not be permitted to enter the studio.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided as dancer’s enter the studio and as they leave their class. Hand sanitizer and disinfectants are available throughout the studio and in each classroom.
- Parents or guardians are responsible for screening their dancer prior to attending class. Do not send your dancer to class if the answer to any of these questions is “yes”:
- Have you or anyone in your household had any of the following symptoms in the last 21 days: sore throat, cough, chills, body aches for unknown reasons, shortness of breath for unknown reasons, loss of smell, loss of taste, fever at or greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit?
- Have you or anyone in your household cared for an individual who is in quarantine or is a presumptive positive or has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Do you have any reason to believe you or anyone in your household has been exposed to or acquired COVID-19?
- To the best of your knowledge have you been in close proximity to any individual who tested positive for COVID-19?
- Dancers are required to wear their mask as they enter and exit the classroom.
- Masks may only be removed once each dancer has arrived to their assigned socially distant square and as long as social distance is maintained.
- If a dancer chooses to remove their mask it must remain on their body (lanyard, hanging from ear, pulled under chin) so they may quickly resume wearing the mask if needed. Please have these discussions at home with your dancer.
- Dancers will remain in one studio (A, B or C) for their entire class period. There will not be any traveling to different studios.
- Dancers will have designated areas to store their dance bags.
- Frequently touched surfaces in the classrooms, common areas and restrooms will be cleaned often and after each class is dismissed. The dance studio will be deep cleaned prior to each day of dance classes.
- Please contact the dance studio immediately by phone (479-783-7748) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if your dancer has tested positive for COVID-19. Any dancer and staff member with a positive COVID-19 test or who has contact with an infected person will be required to quarantine before returning to formal classes at GDDS.
- The incubation period of the virus that causes COVID-19 is up to 14 days. Therefore, the safest quarantine period would last 14 days from the most recent exposure to the positive patient.
In accordance with new CDC guidelines, quarantine can end after 10 days without testing if no symptoms have occurred. Or, it can end after 7 days if no symptoms have occurred and a test returned a negative result. Note that the test sample must have been collected at least 5 days after exposure. Send-off PCR tests are preferred, but rapid PCR or antigen tests are acceptable.
If you are exposed again during quarantine, the period must start over again. If you develop symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 during the quarantine period, you must follow the instructions for isolating yourself.
- Dancers unable to attend their ballet, tap and/or jazz technique class during their quarantine period will be allowed to make up the class at a later date or will have access to a real time virtual ballet, tap and jazz technique class with a GDDS instructor. Dancers unable to attend any additional style classes (hip hop, musical theater, lyrical, etc) will be allowed to make up their class(es) at a later date.